Sunday, January 14, 2018

Indian Storybook Favorites



The topic of Harry Potter is something I know a great deal about as I grew up reading the books and watching the movies. The title definitely gave me a good description of what the story would be about as that is what drew me into reading the story. The introduction was very good as it was written in the style of Harry Potter but had a new twist on the story by adding some Indian characters and swapping them in for some of the original Harry Potter characters such as the heads of the four houses as well as the main antagonist. I liked how the story pages were placed in the top right but I did not like the use of banner images as I do not like how you have to scroll to view the whole image as it makes it very hard to view.

Ganesha: The Elephant-Headed God

I have heard of Ganesha before as some of my family on my mother’s side are Hindu. All I knew from the story is that his head was chopped off and replaced with an elephant’s head and that is why he looks like that. I was told that his head was cut off in battle and his father replaced it with whatever was near and that is why he has an elephant head. That is different than the story presented here but I guess with all these old myths there are always more than one story for how something came to be.

India Travel Journal

I really liked how this travel journal was written like a diary. The other storybooks I have read were basically just stories but this one was different in that it was written in journal entry form. This was nice as it was different from the rest and presented a unique way to absorb the story. I think the design was a bit lacking but I think if I combine some other designs I saw with the journal entry story form I think I could make a pretty cool storybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment